Feldenkrais Exercises to Relieve Shoulder and Neck Pain
Shoulder and neck pain can be very debilitating and is often related to loss of mobility of your chest and rib cage. In this short video Australian Feldenkrais Physiotherapist Jodie Krantz demonstrates a flowing sequence of movements that help you discover feel how the neck, shoulders and chest can function in a more integrated and harmonious way, to bring relief of pain and stiffness.
When practicing Feldenkrais exercises here are a few useful tips to increase both the effectiveness and safety of the exercises.
1. Move slowly and smoothy and keep the movements small
2. Do less than you know you can do safely (especially if you have pain)
3. Reduce the effort, let go of tension in your belly, face, eyes, jaw
4. Continue to breathe gently and evenly throughout
5. Watch the whole video through once before attempting the exercises yourself.